Credit cards are a boon and a curse. They are a boon if you know how to use them correctly and to your benefits and a curse otherwise. With so many banks coming out with their version of credit cards, finding the right one for you can become extremely confusing. That said, Capital One has been a leading vendor when it comes to credit cards.
The Capital One Platinum card is likely one of the absolute favorites among the people around. Not just because of the high credit limit but the amazing benefits that users get to experience with it. If you are planning on applying for one, this article should clarify all the doubts that you likely have.
Remember that getting a credit card might seem easy but you need to realize how to use and utilize it in the right way to make the most out of it. With so many amazing companies out there, the Capital One Platinum card manages to steal the top spot.
Here though, we are going to discuss every last detail that you likely need to know about the Capital One Platinum card and also how to activate it so you can start using it for your needs.
What is the Capital One Platinum Card?
The Capital One Platinum card is the perfect credit option for users with average credit who don’t want to pay a hefty annual fee for their daily work. The best thing about this credit card that has made this a public favorite is the fact that it allows the users to increase their credit limit in just under six months of getting the card. Just make sure that you pay all the credit card balances and transactions on time.
What are the standout features of the Capital One Platinum Card?
Now that you know about the basics of the credit card, the next thing to focus on is some of the features that make this an ideal option. Some of the most important ones include:
Doesn’t have any annual fee
The best part about this credit card is that it doesn’t require any kind of annual fee. When you are in the process of building credits, the process can be a little tough and daunting. Every single dollar that you make does count a lot. So, having a $0 annual fee comes in handy, especially when you are dealing with a lot.
Increased credit limit
Another factor that makes this an ideal card to apply for is the credit limit. Others offer an increased credit limit at least after a year or two following receiving the credit card. That is not the case with this one though. The consumers can seamlessly increase their credit limit just after six months of usage, which is pretty great.
They consider the devoted payers of the bills eligible for higher credit within the six months mark, which is pretty amazing. You can’t apply directly for the higher credit. Generally, it is they who will review your account and check whether you are eligible for the raised credit limit and then inform you about the same.
Tap to pay
Another amazing feature about using the Capital One Platinum Card is the fact that it comes with the tap to pay feature. All you have to do is tap the card over a contactless-enabled reader and you are good to go. All the hassle of going through the line to pay the cashier is not needed anymore. Once you tap the card on the reader, wait till the payment is confirmed and you are good to go.
If you aren’t sure whether the merchant accepts such contactless payments, you can directly ask them about the same without any further hassle.
Easy account management
With credit cards, people have this constant fear of having to contact the vendor every once in a while. With this one, you don’t have to go through with that hassle at all. It comes with all the tools for easier account management that you generally wouldn’t have to worry about. Some of the best tools available for easier account management with this one include:
- Eno is the assistant that helps you keep up with your bills and monitoring your transactions whenever the same is needed. It also helps keep your details private, especially when you are dealing with online shopping, which again is pretty good
- Capital one has a separate mobile application that helps you keep you with your transactions wherever you are. It lets you manage your account without any hassle
- Credit Wise is a popular Capital One credit managing tool that helps users keep up with their credit card transactions, bills, and such
- The card is backed with Instant purchase notifications, which notifies you immediately when your card is being used, thereby reducing the risks of mismanagement or threat
- Capital One appreciates its customers, which means that you wouldn’t have to worry about having a strict date for your credit card bills. You can pick out a date that works the best for your needs.
- AutoPay is another factor that makes Capital One Premium card a winner. It enables you to set a date when the credit card bills would be transacted every month so you don’t have to manually pay anything
With credit cards, people are always in constant worry that their account might be scammed or accessed by a fraud. This is not something you have to worry about at all. It comes with a $0 liability, which means that if you have your card stolen and someone uses it, you wouldn’t have to worry about paying the excess amount.
It also comes with the instant card locking feature, which enables you to lock your card to prevent unauthorized transactions. To stop unnecessary scammers and frauds, it is also backed with instant security alerts that you can keep a track of.
For those worried that you wouldn’t be able to get good benefits from shopping online, this card takes care of that for you. The Capital One Shopping is a browser extension that helps you find discount codes online and then use the same to get rid of the excess price of the items.
How to activate Capital One Platinum Card?
Now that you know all about the basics of the Capital One Platinum Card, you must keep a check on the methods of activation for the card. The process is not that hectic and can be done in a matter of seconds. There are three primary ways to do so – Online, by Phone, via the Mobile App.
- Start by visiting the Capital One website
- Once there, you can log into the website using the username and the password
- Find the Platinum Credit card option from there
- Use the last three digits of the card as security code and that should activate the credit card
- Dial 800-227-4825
- From there you need to follow the instructions as they speak to activate the card
Via Mobile App
- Start by downloading the Capital One Mobile App to your phone
- Once you open the app, log into the platform using the login details
- From there, tape the profile and navigate to Account Settings
- Select the Platinum credit card option from there and activate it accordingly
If you are thinking of applying for a Capital One Platinum Card, we hope this article clarifies all the doubts that you likely had. If you are still struggling to make do with the process of applying and the activation, visit the official website and that should do the trick. Moreover, it is one of the absolute best options, especially when it comes to the kind of benefits that you get from the use of the credit card, which again is a bonus.
How long does it take to activate the credit card?
If you have applied for a Capital One Platinum credit card and you have received it as well, the process of activation shouldn’t take long. You need to decide which route you want to go. Once you are sure of that, you can go ahead and follow the instructions as mentioned and we should be good to go. The card should be activated within a few minutes after that.
How should one know if their card is activated?
Once you are done with the activation process for the Capital One Platinum Card, the next thing people want to keep a check on is whether or not it is ready to be used. For that, you can check the status of your card at the online portal of Capital One or even via their mobile application.
Can I use the Capital One Platinum Card immediately after activation?
Yes, not many people realize this but once the activation process is complete for the card, you are good to go. You can use it for buying items and buying the necessities that you have been looking forward to.